Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My picks for UFC 126


Alright, UFC 126 is coming close and this should be a real epic treat! We have Anderson 'the Spider' Silva vs Vitor Belfort. Will Vitor find a way to power through valiantly or will he end up another fly in the Spider's web.
My prediction for Silva vs Belfort is that Belfort will probably end up winning. There is only so much stress that the body can take and I believe that Belfort is very fresh and 100 percent. That is not to say that I am counting Anderson out, he is my fan favorite and I want him to win.  Whatever happens though, I hope the fans receive a fight they can remember for decades.

Next we have Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin, another classic match that should rock the whole arena. Both men are tough warriors and tactical fighters who will bang with the best. Both are not known for their knock out power are a brilliant ground game ( not to say they can't wrestle or grapple well), but having the ability to take loads of damage and keep going.  My prediction is, I think Forrest will be too much for Franklin and he will be overpowered in the third but the Griffin will win by majority decision.

You think the second fight I mentioned could have been a main event but the third fight main card event tops it. That is right, Jon 'Bones' Jones vs Ryan 'Darth' Bader should be a crowd favorite. Both Ryan and Bader have come off some impressive wins in their career. Ryan Bader defeated lil Nog and Jones defeated Vera and Bonnar as if they were wet-behind-the-ear noooobs. Who do I pick to win. I am flying safe on my pick for this fight and I believe Jon 'Bones' Jones will cruise to TKO in the first round. Yeah, I said first round and I believe he is that good, but anything can happen.

Well, there are a ton of more great fights on this card but I don't want to rant and rave all day. Good luck to all the fighters and let the best one win!



Please Subscribe and join the MMA discussion

No comments: