Saturday, July 9, 2011

UFC VERSUS 5

Here are my predictions for UFC VERSUS 5, Hardy vs Lytle!

Who will win the main event? This has to be one of the hardest UFC events to pick. I believe that Hardy is only slightly better at striking than Lytle, but Lytle is a little better at Wrestling and BJJ. 

That said, something in my gut says Hardy, who has to win this or he could face termination, since this would be his 4th lost in a row. How can Hardy win? He has to keep it standing and land detrimental shots but he has to keep doing this for 3 rounds. This seems hard, but I believe that Hardy has prepared extensively for the take down and his kickboxing will win the day. Hardy cannot fight arrogantly though with Lytle, and has to keep it tight unless he wants a repeat of what happened to him with Condit. Hardy himself might also try for a takedown if only to keep Lytle guessing.

How can Lytle win, though? I believe Lytle is better at BJJ, but I believe Hardy can survive his BJJ skill set. What Lytle wants to do, is use his Wrestling and boxing to keep Dan Hardy guessing. If he can mix both up really nicely he can keep the outlaw questioning and this will lead to big openings for Lytle.

Nevertheless, I am going with my gut and say Hardy by UD.

Both gentleman will be craving a victory so it should be an awe inspiring match.
Good luck to both Gentleman, and let the best one WiN!







No comments: