Thursday, March 17, 2011

UFC 129 GSP vs Jake Shields




No THIS IS NOT WHAT I FORESEE 

No THIS IS NOT WHAT I FORESEE 

 The Photoshop is for humor only. I do not foresee Jake Shields out striking GSP. Jake Shields is at best an average striker with little power in his hands but GSP is a well groomed striker with some power in his hands from what I've seen (although, I have not seen him knock anyone out as of late.)

 For George to win this he may want to keep it standing as the grappling-department  is Jake Shield's butter zone, and yes, he appears to be even better at grappling than GSP. 

 The question is, can Jake Shields take GSP down? It is possible! Jake was able to take down Dan Henderson when he defended his StrikeForce Middle Heavy Weight  belt, so I would say yes.

Nevertheless, its going to be 5 rounds of GSP doing his thing I believe. Although Shields might be able to take GSP 2 or 3 times down, GSP can also force a take down and put up a stand up clinic that only a handful of fighters can defend against in the MMA world. 

Remember, Shields is tough and took a solid hit from Henderson and so my reasoning tells me that GSP will cruise his way to a Unanimous Decision victory over Shields!

Also, for questioners, I do not expect to see the the Shields that fought Kampmann to show up, so Shields should be healthy.

Looks like the gay MMA fans will have a great ride! LOL! Just kidding!
Good luck to both fighters in their training camps!
 

No comments: