Thursday, February 10, 2011

GSP vs Anderson "The Spider" Silva




Lets say GSP defeats Shields like he has done to so many opponents and then has to face off against Anderson Silva... What would be the outcome of this fight?? No doubt, both fighters are skilled beyond belief. Both fighters have made other great fighters look silly. GSP made Koshcheck look like an amateur boxer while Anderson Silva finished Vitor Belfort with but a single leg kick.

 To say one would ultimately know the outcome might be foolish. GSP has some great wrestling that is tailored for MMA which means he will be able to take Silva down but I do perceive Silva getting back up as he is always training with Machida. Anderson Silva is the more unpredictable fighter but GSP keeps it more tight but if Anderson Silva can throw him off and land punches or kicks it should be over.

I foresee, for GSP to win this, he will have to cruise to a decision (unless he gets that one lucky hit) as he is not known for KO power as other fighters are and Silva has a rock-hard chin and mentally tough as well. GSP could win by playing it safe, using his speed to keep away from Anderson Silva's range and his wrestling to try and put Silva on his back in case Silva starts to connect.

For Silva to win, he has to connect I believe! Though, Silva could win a decision by hurting GSP and weakening him, I think GSP has the right MMA tools to better win the decision. If Silva even connects with one hit it can mean big trouble especially since his attack can come from all angles, and he would elect to go for the finish I believe (Though in some fights he chose to play it safe until the end).

My early prediction is that Anderson Silva would win by TKO in the third round although I could see GSP winning a decision. Remember, if I am wrong, I gave the outcome how I believe GSP could win and it is a clear possibility! It should be a great fight of different styles.

I admire Shields, but, I hope GSP does beat him so we can see this super fight, as Anderson is stated by Dana to fight him next.

No comments: